All about ENT surgeon
ENT or Ear, nose and throat surgeon
is a person who specializes with diseases and disorders linked with ear,
throat, nose along with related structures of head and neck. These are
also known as Otolaryngologists. He /she is a medical professional who is
responsible for treating patients with specific disabilities in ear, nose, and
throat. He/she examines patients and performs many physical tests to determine the problem. They manage and treat disorders of head and neck, including the ears, sinuses, nose throat, voice box (larynx) in addition to other structures.
Conditions treated by ENT surgeon
ENT surgeon or Otolaryngologists treat a variety of situations in adults and children. Some are listed below:
· Hearing Loss
· Ear Disorders like dizziness, tinnitus and ear infection
· Allergies Like seasonal rhinitis and hay fever
· Infections Like tonsillitis and sinusitis
· Several Injuries
· Congenital Abnormalities that are from birth like cleft lip, cleft palate, drooping eyelids, loss of smell, and deviated septum.
· Some Swallowing problems like difficulty in swallowing
· Some Speech disorders like laryngitis and hoarseness
· Benign Which are non cancerous, malignant which are cancerous tumors of sinus, mouth,nose throat, thyroid gland, upper esophagus. It also deals with parathyroid like head and neck cancer along with nasal polyps
· Sleep Disorders like snoring and sleep apnea
· Some nerve disorders like Bell’s palsy
Some additional ENT specialties
After completion of ENT training, some individuals can also take an additional two years of training in the field they want to get specialization. Some ENT surgeons’ specialties include:
· Otology audiology to treat balance disorders and tinnitus
· Facialplastic and reconstructive surgery
· Pediatric Otolaryngology for children’s nose, ear and throat problems
· Headand neck surgery for problems linked with tumors of head and neck
When to visit ENT surgeon
Sometimes your primary care
physicians can also treat some nose. Throat and ear-related issues. Before
visiting and ENT, you can also visit your primary care doctor. If the situation
is severe, he/she will recommend an ENT specialist for diagnosing and
treatment. Some conditions in which you should visit ENT surgeon as soon as you experience the problem
· Chronic Tonsil problem
· Sore Throats of both adults and kids’
· Sudden Hearing loss
· Lump In the neck in adults who can indicate throat, mouth or else thyroid cancer
· Severe ear infection in kids, especially also for adults.
Best ENT surgeon in India
Choosing the best ENT surgeon for you and your child is necessary. So we have listed for some of the best ENT surgeons in India
1. Dr. W.V.B.S Ramalingam – ENT Surgeon, BLK super Specialty hospital New Delhi. He has 35 years of experience.
2. Dr. Ramadas T – Otolaryngologists, Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai. He has more than 60 years of experience.
3. Dr. Ganapathy H – Otolaryngologists, Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai. He has more than 44 years of experience.
4. Dr. PS Reddy – Otolaryngologists, Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai. He has more than 41 years of experience
5. Dr. Prabhakaran M – Otolaryngologists, Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai. He has more than 36 years of experience
6. Dr. KK Handa – ENT Surgeon, Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon. He has an outstanding experience of more than 25 years.
7. Dr. Neetu Modgil – ENT Surgeon, Jaypee Hospital, Noida. She has a remarkable experience of more than 15 years.
8. Dr. PL Dhingra – Otolaryngologists, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He has an experience of more than 45 years.
There are numerous ENT disorders and for which visiting ENT specialist is a must. If you are dealing with above-listed problems, then visiting the best ENT surgeon is a must. You can ask your primary doctor to recommend you one of the best ENT surgeons in India.