Cardiology is a medical specialty and a branch of internal medicine concerned with heart, chest, and Cardiovascular disorders. Heart diseases are related to the heart, while cardiovascular diseases disturb the blood vessels or both. Various factors like hypertension, drink of too much alcohol, physical inactivity, obesity, high salt intake, etc., raise the risk of cardiovascular diseases. So, if an individual feels any Symptoms such as shortness of breath, high blood pressure, chest pains, or dizzy spells often need to contact the best Cardiologist in India for special consultation to identify whether it’s anything related to CVD disorder. The Cardiology department in a hospital deals with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions like heart defects, coronary artery disease, electrophysiology, heart failure, and valvular heart disease. All these treatments are diagnosed by a Cardiologist who specializes in treating or diagnosing cardiovascular diseases.
Cardiovascular Disease Treated by a Cardiologist – Individuals need to go to a Cardiologist for consultation and routine check-ups. If an individual has a family history of any heart disorder or high cholesterol or they are an active smoker, or if they have diabetes, it must be part of his/her regular check-ups. All these factors increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases, and their early detection is the best way to diagnose these diseases. A cardiologist provides help to an individual suffering from CVD diseases to return to a healthy life through consultation and advice about the risk and prevention of these diseases. Few diseases diagnosed by a cardiologist are –
- atrial fibrillation
- congenital heart disease
- coronary heart disease
- congestive heart disease
- high blood cholesterol and triglycerides
- ventricular tachycardia
- high blood pressure, or hypertension
Tests Suggested by a Cardiologist – Consultation with a Cardiologist may include question sessions involving information about your personal and family medical history, recording current and past symptoms, doing or prescribing some laboratory tests, and an electrocardiogram. Depending on the results of the assessment and symptoms, a cardiologist may order further tests.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG): In this test, electrical activity in a patient’s heart is measured to identify specific patterns on the EKG are normal or not.
- Ambulatory ECG: The test involves records of heart rhythms while the patient carries out exercise or their regular activities. Small metal electrodes, connected by wires to a small lightweight recorder called Holter monitor, are attached to the patient’s chest.
- An exercise test, or stress test: A test that shows the measure changes in heart rhythm when resting and exercising to measure the heart’s performance and limitations of the patient.
- Echocardiogram: Echocardiogram test provides an ultrasound image that shows the structure of the heart chambers and surrounding areas. It can show how healthy a heart is working. The test identifies how well the heart is pumping blood, or if there are any structural abnormalities or infections in the heart valves.
- Cardiac Catheterization – Taking pictures from various angles by a small tube inside the heart or near the heart to detect any blockage. It will also help to check the heart’s functionality and the electrical system. Congenital cardiac, valvular, and coronary artery diseases can be treated with catheter-based techniques.
- Nuclear cardiology: Radioactive materials used in nuclear imaging techniques can be used to study cardiovascular disorders.
Choose the best cardiologist in India Through Credihealth – Credihealth is one complete solution for all healthcare-related problems. This Online healthcare platform helps you find the best Cardiologists near your Area. You can directly get an online and teleconsultation by a doctor about your risk factors for heart disease. Through the platform, you can make online bookings and appointments for the best Cardiologist in India, as per your requirements. At Credihealth, more than thousands of Cardiologists are listed with the available information of their experience, education qualifications, specialization, expertise, patient review & ratings, consultation hours, fees, and associated hospitals. Cost comparison, second opinion, and discounts on bookings are other few additional facilities Credihealth offers at its health portal.